Johnson County Hopes to Make Trips to DMV Pain Free | News
We've all experienced the long lines to re-new our vehicle tags. Now Johnson County is revolutionizing the dreaded trip to the DMV. Y
ou can either set up an appointment online at home 'and virtually' wait in line or you can use one of the self check in touch screens when you walk in using your phone number. Either way once you've set up your on-line reservation you are free to run errands while you wait, receiving multiple text message updates until your number is called.
"We're a lot happier so when we get to the desk to speak with somebody, you know I think the customers are a lot more happy, easy to deal with," said Scott Weinberg, who is new to Johnson County.
Johnson County is the first county in Kansas and one of the first in the country to use a text messaging program.
For more information click here.
Upcoming Events near Olathe
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Gas line explosion possible cause of 3-alarm apartment fire
- Public Invited to Steve Apfelbaum's December 12 "Ecological Health" Talk at Tallgrass Creek
- Several injured in three-alarm apartment fire
- Tallgrass Creek Offers Brief, Helpful Tips for Beating the Winter Blues
- Black Friday begins on Gray Thursday with huge turnout