Johnson County Hopes to Make Trips to DMV Pain Free | News
We've all experienced the long lines to re-new our vehicle tags. Now Johnson County is revolutionizing the dreaded trip to the DMV. Y
ou can either set up an appointment online at home 'and virtually' wait in line or you can use one of the self check in touch screens when you walk in using your phone number. Either way once you've set up your on-line reservation you are free to run errands while you wait, receiving multiple text message updates until your number is called.
"We're a lot happier so when we get to the desk to speak with somebody, you know I think the customers are a lot more happy, easy to deal with," said Scott Weinberg, who is new to Johnson County.
Johnson County is the first county in Kansas and one of the first in the country to use a text messaging program.
For more information click here.
Top Olathe Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man shot as he drove down I-635 at State Ave.
- Plight of abandoned homes placed in foreclosure
- Erickson Living, Manager of Tallgrass Creek, is Named a Best Place to Work in IT
- Ammo, fireworks, clutter inside burning O.P. home endangers firefighters
- Overland Park voters face decision about funding city improvements