Fashion Bug Closing Down | News
LIBERTY, Mo. — Women who do their shopping at Fashion Bug stores are in for a disappointment. The popular women’s clothing store chain will go out of business early next year.
Ascena Retail Group Inc. has completed its buyout of Charming Shoppes Inc., which owns Fashion Bug, and now plans to close the remaining several hundred Fashion Bug stores by early next year.
There are six stores in the Kansas City area including one in Raytown, Independence, Kansas City, Kan., Liberty, Olathe, and St. Joseph.
More than 120 Fashion Bug stores were closed last year.
Ascena also owns Dressbarn and Maurices as well as the Justice chain, which caters to girls ages 7 to 14.
Top Olathe Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Plight of abandoned homes placed in foreclosure
- Erickson Living, Manager of Tallgrass Creek, is Named a Best Place to Work in IT
- Ammo, fireworks, clutter inside burning O.P. home endangers firefighters
- Overland Park voters face decision about funding city improvements
- Friends, family honor fallen Overland Park soldier