JoCo Grants 10 Green Business Awards | Environment
To recognize new, as well as ongoing efforts by Johnson County businesses to “go green,” the Johnson County Solid Waste Management Committee has selected ten recipients of its annual Green Business Award.
The ten recipients diverted a combined total of 1,227 tons of waste from landfills to recycling and composting. Awardees include manufacturers and a hospital. The 2011 recipients of the top Emerald Award are:
- Farmers Insurance HelpPoint, Olathe
- Shawnee Mission Medical Center, Merriam
- ITW Dymon, Olathe
- ITW Labels, Gardner
- LaserCycle, Inc., Lenexa
- Tomahawk Elementary School, Overland Park
- Brookwood Elementary School, Leawood
- Briarwood Elementary School, Prairie Village
- Bluejacket Flint Elementary School, Shawnee
- WaterOne, Lenexa
For more information on recycling efforts in Johnson County go to http://www.jocorecycles.org/.